- ½ medium red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 red apple, diced
- 2 handfuls of kale, finely chopped
- 1 handful of fresh mint, finely chopped
- 5 medium sized romaine lettuce leaves, chopped
- 4 sun dried tomatoes, diced and soaked for
- 5 minutes in filtered water
- ½ red onion, julienned
- 1 clove garlic, crushed and minced
- ½ tablespoon fresh turmeric root, minced OR 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Splash of organic Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon (or more) cold pressed extra virgin olive oil, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- High quality salt such as pink or sea salt, to taste
- Wash all vegetables carefully. Then mandolin the red cabbage into a large bowl. If you do not have a mandolin then slice it thinly. Chop the remaining vegetables and add to the bowl.
- Mix spices with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and toss into the salad. Add the sun dried tomatoes with the soaking water. Let it rest for ten minutes or more for the flavors to meld
and the cabbage to soften.
- Garnish with apple slices drizzled with lemon juice.
- Serve in bowls along with your favorite entree or enjoy alone.