- 2 cups hazelnuts or pecans
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil or ghee
- 4 Tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 Tablespoon filtered water
- ¼ teaspoon pink Himalayan or sea salt
- 5 firm Bartlett pears, peeled & cut into chunks (about ½-¾ inch)
- 10 ounces fresh or frozen cranberries (thaw if frozen)
- 1 organic orange to make 2 tsp grated orange zest + 2 TBSP fresh orange juice
- 2 scoops Organixx Collagens powder (use 2 TBSP arrowroot powder for vegan option)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- ⅓ to ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons tapioca powder (optional for extra thickening)
- Easy Vegan Whipping Cream
- Grind up nuts in a food processor until they reach a flour consistency. Add in coconut oil, sugar, water, and salt. Process again until combined.
- Lightly grease bottom and sides of 9-inch pie plate with coconut oil. Add dough mixture and press evenly into bottom and sides of pan to form a pie crust. Bake at 325F for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and prepare filling.
- Make filling by adding cranberries, orange juice and zest, collagens powder, cinnamon, ginger, sugar, and maple syrup to food processor. Pulse several times just to break up cranberries and combine ingredients.
- Add cranberry mixture and chopped pears to a large pot and gently mix together. Cook for 15-20 minutes over medium heat on stovetop, stirring frequently until pears soften. If mixture is sticking to pan, add in 1 to 2 Tablespoons of water.
- Add cooked filling to pie crust and bake in the oven at 325F for an additional 10 minutes.
- Let pie cool slightly before serving, otherwise it can break apart. Delicious with a dollop of Easy Vegan Whipping Cream on top!
Serves 8. Per Serving (based on using hazelnuts, coconut oil & Organixx collagens powder):
Calories: 353.3 | Total Fat: 21.9 g | Total Carbohydrate: 40.3 g | Dietary Fiber: 7.7 g | Protein: 7.6 g