- 3 medium nectarines, chopped (about 1 1/4 cup)
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 shallot bulb chopped (about 1 TBSP)
- ½ cup fresh cilantro (or ¼ cup packed)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 drops Organixx Lemon Essential Oil (optional)
- “Pulse” all of your ingredients together in a food processor until desired consistency is reached. Be sure to pulse as you don’t want to turn your relish into a smoothie!
- Serve over fish, chicken, salad… the list is endless! Store in a covered jar in the fridge for up to 3 days. Enjoy!
Calories: 83.5 | Total Fat: 4.9 g | Total Carbohydrate: 10.1 g | Dietary Fiber: 1.7 g | Protein: 1.2 g
Apple Cider Vinegar is full of enzymes and good bacteria. It contains acetic acid, which has been shown to help lower blood pressure.
Black pepper promotes warmth in the body which encourages sweating and toxin removal. It also contains anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anti-bacterial, and fever-reducing properties that enhance the immune system.
Cayenne pepper is a good source of beta-carotene and antioxidants that support the immune system. The key compound in cayenne called capsaicin is also cardioprotective, anti-inflammatory, helps prevent kidney stones and speed up metabolism, and has beneficial effects on the GI system.
Cilantro helps cleanse the body of toxic metals such as mercury, arsenic, and lead. It also possesses antibacterial and anticancer properties.
Cucumbers help keep you hydrated, flush out toxins, and provide many health-boosting vitamins and minerals.
Lemon essential oil is excellent for both digestion and detoxification.
Nectarines are a close cousin to peaches and are high in fiber. They’re also great sources of beta-carotene, vitamin C, and lutein, which are beneficial for eye and skin health.
Olive oil is high in nutrients including vitamins D, E, K, and A as well as omega-3 fatty acids. For the highest quality, look for organic extra virgin olive oil in dark glass bottles or tins that have an expiry date.
Shallots have a milder taste and smell than onions and are often eaten raw due to their delicate flavor. Shallots have twice the protein and almost twice the natural sugar and carbs of onion.
Tomatoes contain the 4 major carotenoids, alpha and beta-carotene, lutein, and lycopene, which help maintain eye and vision health, boost immunity, and lower inflammation.