- 1 ½ teaspoons turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon Ceylon or regular cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon fresh ginger, chopped OR ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 pinches of ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon raw cold pressed coconut oil
- 1 ½ cups fresh coconut or almond milk OR purified water (water makes it less creamy)
- Dash of black pepper, freshly ground
- Raw honey OR coconut nectar* OR Lakanto**
- Cinnamon stick for garnish (optional)
- Blend all ingredients in a blender on high speed setting until smooth.
- Pour into a small pot and heat on low temperature until nearly simmering, approximately three minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately in a mug, garnished with a cinnamon stick.
- * Coconut nectar can be found in some specialty grocery stores and is readily available online. Coconut nectar is exceptionally high in enzymes, nutrient rich, and is low glycemic, so it’s excellent for a sugar substitute.
Serves 1. Per Serving (based on using Ceylon cinnamon, fresh ginger, coconut milk & honey):
Calories: 192.7 | Total Fat: 12.3 g | Total Carbohydrate: 25.2 g | Dietary Fiber: 1.4 g | Protein: 1.1 g