- 4 cups chicken bone broth OR 2-3 scoops of Plain Organixx Bone Broth Protein powder mixed in 36 ounces filtered water OR a combination of the two (i.e., 2 cups chicken broth mixed with 1 scoop of Plain Organixx Bone Broth Protein and 2 cups of filtered water)
- 1 cup baby portabella mushrooms OR shiitake mushrooms, chopped
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed OR minced
- 1 Tablespoon grated ginger
- 1⁄4 cup dried wakame
- 1-3 Tablespoons mellow white OR garbanzo miso (depending on desired taste, miso can be bitter)
- Half-bunch scallions, chopped
- If using Organixx Plain Bone Broth Protein powder, blend bone broth powder with water to remove any lumps.
- In a medium pot over medium-high heat, bring broth (either chicken broth or blended with bone broth protein) to a rolling simmer.
- Add in mushrooms, onion, garlic, ginger, and wakame. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and remove about 1 1⁄2 cups of broth into a separate bowl/container.
- Whisk miso into separated broth and then add it back to the soup. Continue cooking on low heat for 5 more minutes.
- Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with chopped scallions.
Serves 5. Per Serving (based on using Organixx Bone Broth Protein powder, portabella mushrooms & mellow white miso):
Calories: 65.3 | Total Fat: 0.4 g | Total Carbohydrate: 4.9 g | Dietary Fiber: 1.1 g | Protein: 8.9 g