- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/3 cup pitted dates (about 6 or 7)
- 1 tablespoon Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens powder
- 1 tablespoon organic cacao powder
- 3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 or 2 drops Organixx peppermint essential oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon miniature dark chocolate chips
- Optional coating: cacao powder or toasted coconut or toasted chopped nuts
- Into the container of a food processor place almonds and process until finely chopped. Add dates and process until smooth.
- Add collagen and cacao powder, vanilla extract, peppermint essential oil, and coconut oil. Process for several minutes, until mixture begins to look well combined. Add a teaspoon of water, if necessary, to help it mix together well.
- Add chocolate chips and pulse a few final times to combine, keeping chocolate chips a bit chunky.
- To form into balls, take a heaping teaspoon of the mixture in your hands and roll into a ball. Place your choice of outer toppings (i.e. cacao powder, toasted coconut, or toasted chopped nuts) into a bowl and roll each ball around in the coating.
- Place onto serving plate or container lined with parchment paper. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes prior to serving to solidify the coconut oil. Keep balls stored in the fridge or the freezer.