- 1 ½ cups gluten-free flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons Ceylon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon pink Himalayan or sea salt
- 1 ½ cups shredded carrot
- ¼ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 eggs (or flax seed/chia seed eggs for vegan option)
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup melted & cooled coconut oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 scoop Organixx collagens powder
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger root
- ½ cup chopped pecans/walnuts
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup shredded apple
- ½ cup gluten-free oats
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together all dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and collagens powder (if using).
- Add in shredded carrots and coconut and mix together well (and any other fruit additions).
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup, ginger, and vanilla extract.
- Add wet egg mixture to flour mixture and stir until just combined. (If using nuts, add in now.) Divide batter into greased or lined muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated 350F oven for 15-20 min, or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted into middle of muffins.
- Cool and enjoy! Store in air-tight container for up to 5 days at room temperature.
Serves 12. Per Serving (based on using eggs and Organixx collagens powder):
Calories: 208 | Total Fat: 11.1 g | Total Carbohydrate: 26.2 g | Dietary Fiber: 1.3 g | Protein: 2.9 g