We recommend using fresh, organic ingredients whenever possible!
- 3 organic acorn squashes, each about 1 1/2 lb.
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp finely chopped organic orange zest or 2 drops Organixx orange essential oil
- 1/4 cup organic maple syrup
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh thyme, plus sprigs for garnish
- 1/4 cup chopped dried cranberries
- Cut the ends off each squash, then cut the squashes crosswise into slices 1 inch thick. Remove the seeds from the center of each ring using a paring knife and discard the seeds, leaving a neat circle. Place the squash rings in a single layer on an oiled baking sheet and season generously with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix together the coconut oil, maple syrup, orange zest and fresh thyme. Pour over the squash rings. Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake, uncovered, until the squash rings are tender when pierced with a fork, 30-45 minutes.
- Transfer the squash rings to a serving bowl, garnish with the thyme sprigs and serve immediately. Serves 8.