- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 5 – 8 cloves garlic, halved (about ¼ cup)
- 2 inches ginger root, chopped
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon pink Himalayan or sea salt, divided
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (adjust to personal taste)
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed (about 6 cups; can substitute with spinach)
- 1 ½ cups chopped carrots
- 1 ½ cups chopped celery
- 1 ½ lb skinless & boneless chicken thighs, chopped
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 6 cups filtered water
- 2 Organixx 7M+ capsules, opened (optional)
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Cooked rice or noodles (optional)
- In a skillet over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Heat for about 1 minute and then add in onion, garlic, ginger, and ½ teaspoon of salt.
- Saute for about 10-12 minutes until onions are translucent. (Cooking time will vary depending on size of onion, garlic, and ginger pieces.) Stir in curry powder and cayenne pepper and cook for one more minute.
- Add in the chopped kale/spinach (and a little bit of water, if needed) and saute for a minute more just to soften. Remove pan from heat and set aside to cool.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a large pot and heat over medium heat for about one minute. Add in carrots, celery, chicken, and remaining ½ teaspoon of salt. Saute until chicken is lightly browned. Add in broth and filtered water and simmer for 25 minutes or until veggies are desired tenderness and chicken is fully cooked (can cook up to an hour).
- Optional step: Add cooled kale mixture to a blender along with 7M+ capsule contents and enough filtered water to blend (about ¾ cup). Blend up well. Note: if you add blended kale to soup, it will turn it green!
- When ready to serve, add in kale mixture (either blended or not blended) along with lemon juice. If adding cooked rice/noodles, add now. Stir and serve warm. Enjoy!
Serves 6. Per Serving (based on using kale):
Calories: 269.3 | Total Fat: 16.8 g | Total Carbohydrate: 11.9 g | Dietary Fiber: 3 g | Protein: 19.3 g