- 1 – 1.5 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs/breasts cut into 1-inch pieces
- ¼ cup liquid aminos
- 1 Tablespoon ginger, minced (about 2 inches)
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic (2 – 3 cloves)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice (1-2 lemons)
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 bell peppers, seeded & chopped into 1-inch chunks (or your preferred vegetable)
- 2 mangoes, peeled & chopped into 1-inch chunks (or pineapple, kiwi, papaya)
- 1 red onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- Cut up chicken and place into an air-tight container. In a bowl, mix together marinade ingredients and pour over chicken. Stir to coat. Cover and place in the fridge for 1-12 hours (the longer the better).
- Assemble skewers by either alternating fruit, vegetable and chicken on each skewer or making separate skewers for the chicken and the veggies & fruit.
- Grill: Preheat grill to med-high heat. Brush grate, vegetables, and fruit with olive oil. Add skewers to grill. Cook for about 7 minutes and rotate. Cook an additional 7 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- Oven: Preheat oven to broil at 450F. Brush sheet pan with olive oil and add assembled skewers. Broil 10 minutes. Rotate and bake an additional 10-15 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Stovetop: Preheat cast iron grill pan on med-high heat. Brush with olive oil. Add skewers to pan. Brush veggies with olive oil. Cook 7 minutes and rotate. Cook 7 additional minutes or until juices run clear.
Makes 12-14 kabobs. Serves 5-7. Per Serving (based on using chicken breast, bell pepper & mango):
Calories: 159 | Total Fat: 3.7 g | Total Carbohydrate: 190.7 g | Dietary Fiber: 3.2 g | Protein: 15.9 g