- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 2-3 Tablespoons powdered Lakanto (or ½ cup of your preferred sweetener)
- 1 scoop Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens powder (optional; omit for vegan option)
- ½ teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 drops Organixx Orange Essential Oil (optional)
- In a small pot, add in coconut milk, Lakanto (or other sweetener), and collagens powder (if using).
- Whisk over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat so mixture is at a gentle simmer.
- Continue to simmer for 35-45 minutes while stirring occasionally until the caramel mixture has reduced to about half the volume and turned a slightly darker color. It will thicken up some but not completely. This is okay as sauce thickens more when it cools. (Tip: be sure to watch your sauce more carefully at the end of cooking time as you don’t want to overcook and turn it into caramel candy.)
- Remove pan from heat and whisk in the salt, vanilla extract, and essential oil (if using).
- Let cool and allow sauce to thicken.
- Store in an airtight container overnight preferably before using as this will allow sauce to thicken up even more. Store dipping sauce in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Serve with sliced fruit for dipping or pour over your favorite dessert. Enjoy!
Coconut milk is made from the flesh of mature coconuts and is naturally sweet and creamy. It contains lauric acid, which has antimicrobial and anticancer properties and can help fortify immune function.
Collagen helps maintain the structure and integrity of skin, hair, nails, muscle tissue, bones, tendons, and more. With the Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens in this recipe you not only get 5 different types of collagen, but also camu camu, acerola cherry, horsetail extract (silica), and zinc gluconate to ensure your body can actually USE the collagen you’re taking.
Lakanto is a zero-glycemic, zero-calorie blend of monk fruit and erythritol that makes an excellent sugar substitute for low-carb recipes.
Orange essential oil is made from orange peel not the flesh of the orange. It can be beneficial for those suffering from stomach issues such as excess gas and constipation. To avoid pesticide exposure, only use pure, organic essential oils in recipes.