- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium-sized head of cabbage, chopped (8 cups)
- ½ of a large onion or 1 small onion, chopped (1 ½ cups)
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 28-ounce can of organic diced tomatoes, undrained
- 8-ounce can of organic tomato sauce
- ½ Tablespoon curry powder
- 1 scoop Organixx Plain Bone Broth Powder (optional)
- 1 ½ lemons, juiced (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 lb grass-fed, organic ground beef (or your favorite veggies for a vegetarian option such as mushrooms, broccoli, bell peppers)
- ½ cup cauliflower rice or cooked/uncooked rice
- 1 ½ teaspoons pink Himalayan/sea salt, divided
- ⅛ – ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add olive oil and heat for a minute. Add in onion, garlic, cabbage, curry powder, and ½ teaspoon of salt. Saute for 2 to 3 minutes. (If making vegetarian option, add all vegetables in with the cabbage. Follow the rest of the directions, omitting the meatballs.)
- Add in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, lemon juice, bone broth powder, and 1 cup of filtered water. Stir together and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer.
- While the sauce is simmering, in a large bowl combine the cauliflower or regular rice, 1 teaspoon salt, cayenne, and raw ground beef. Mix well. Shape into balls (about 1 – 1 1/2 inch wide). Add meatballs to the simmering sauce.
- Cover and simmer about 45 minutes or until the cabbage is tender and meatballs cooked through. Uncover and cook until sauce is thickened to desired consistency. Serve as is or over your favorite noodles.
Serves 6. Per Serving (based on using Organixx Plain Bone Broth Powder, ground beef & cauliflower rice):
Calories: 326.2 | Total Fat: 18.9 g | Total Carbohydrate: 18.5 g | Dietary Fiber: 6.2 g | Protein: 21.6 g