Brussels Sprouts Sunshine Salad
- 1/2 cup raw pecans
- 1 teaspoon whole cumin seeds
- Grated rind and juice from 1 organic orange
- Grated rind and juice from 1 organic lemon
- 3 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoon honey (or substitute sweetener of choice)
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, uncooked, shredded in food processor or by hand
- 1 cup broccoli sprouts
- 1/2 cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- Chopped fresh seasonal herbs of your choice
- Over medium heat in a frying pan, add the pecans and toast just until golden brown and fragrant. Set aside to cool.
- Toast the cumin seeds in the same hot pan for 30 seconds until they release their fragrance, then add citrus juices, vinegar, honey, olive oil, and Dijon mustard to pan.
- Mix well, add chopped onion, and set aside.
- Roughly chop the pecans. Into a large bowl, combine shredded sprouts, broccoli sprouts, and dressing ingredients and toss well. Set aside for a few minutes or place into the refrigerator for an hour.
- Before serving, add pomegranate, fresh herbs, and toasted pecans.