- 1 large head or several small heads of organic broccoli, broken into florets (about 4 cups)
- 2 large handfuls organic spinach
- ½ cup onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 serrano pepper, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 scoop Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens powder (optional)
- Himalayan or sea salt & pepper, to taste
- Optional garnish ideas: pumpkin seeds, broccoli sprouts, sunflower sprouts, sliced almonds
- In a saucepan, bring coconut milk, vegetable broth, onion, garlic, serrano pepper, and broccoli florets to a boil. Simmer for about 4-5 minutes until broccoli is soft.
- Remove from heat and add in spinach, salt & pepper, and collagen powder. Let cool slightly.
- With an immersion blender or in a blender, blend up soup until creamy. If need be, warm up again before serving.
- Add optional garnishes, if desired, and serve hot. Enjoy!
Serves 4. Per Serving (based on using Organixx collagens powder):
Calories: 77.9 | Total Fat: 3.9 g | Total Carbohydrate: 8.1 g | Dietary Fiber: 3.4 g | Protein: 5.8 g
Broccoli belongs to a group of veggies known as cruciferous vegetables, and is a true miracle food believed to support immunity and bone health, maintain cholesterol levels that are already within a healthy range, and cleanse the body.
Coconut milk is made from the flesh of mature coconuts and is naturally sweet and creamy. It contains lauric acid, which has antimicrobial and anticancer properties and can help boost immune function.
Garlic is considered both a vegetable and an herb and is clinically proven to support the immune system. Did you know there are over 300 varieties of garlic grown around the world!
Collagen helps maintain the structure and integrity of skin, hair, nails, muscle tissue, bones, tendons, and more. Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens includes targeted nutrients such as zinc, vitamin C, and vitamin B6 which enhance the bioavailability and potency of collagen.
Red onions are a rich source of quercetin and anthocyanin, powerful antioxidants that protect the heart and lower inflammation and cancer risk.
Spinach is loaded with chlorophyll, which improves liver detoxification and digestion.