- 2-3 cups broccoli sprouts (or 2 Tablespoons broccoli seeds to sprout yourself)
- 2 cups chopped spinach or your favorite mixed greens
- 1 cup shredded carrot (or your favorite veggies)
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped
- ¼ cup walnuts (or your preferred nut)
- ¼ cup dried cranberries, cherries, or goji berries (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons sesame seeds
- 3 Tablespoons fresh orange juice (about ½ medium orange – for more orange flavor, add in 1 TBSP of orange zest)
- 2 Tablespoons organic, cold-pressed, extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons organic sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon raw, local honey
- 1 Tablespoon organic matcha green tea powder
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon minced ginger root
- ¼ teaspoon pink Himalayan or sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- If making your own broccoli sprouts, add 2 tablespoons organic broccoli seeds to a large mason jar. Fill up jar with filtered water until about halfway full. Screw on sprouting lid. Place jar in a dark, warm place (cupboards work great!) for about 8-12 hours. Drain water, add in more filtered water and swirl around to rinse off seeds, and drain again.
- Place jar upside down (or at an angle) in a bowl or sprouting jar box. Place back in cupboard for about 12 hours. Continue to rinse and drain every 12 hours (or twice a day, i.e. once in morning and again in evening) until your seeds begin to sprout and form small, yellow leaves (anywhere from 3 to 5 days). Then place jar in indirect sunlight and continue to rinse every 12 hours. When sprouts are green, they are ready to eat (7-9 days)!
- You can store sprouts in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about 2-3 weeks or even freeze them for adding to smoothies. ¼ cup twice a day of broccoli sprouts may make a significant impact on your overall health, energy, and detoxification.
- When you are ready to assemble salad, make the dressing by placing all of your ingredients into a blender and blend up until smooth consistency is reached. Set aside.
- Place salad ingredients into a bowl and drizzle with dressing. Toss, serve, and enjoy!
Serves 2. Per Serving (based on using spinach, carrots, & walnuts):
Calories: 497 | Total Fat: 60 g | Total Carbohydrate: 39 g | Dietary Fiber: 5 g | Protein: 8 g