- 1 head cauliflower, leaves and stem removed
- ½ med-large onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons coconut or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Using a food processor, chop cauliflower florets into pieces slightly larger than grains of rice. Alternatively you can chop the cauliflower using a knife.
- Heat oil in skillet over med-high heat. When oil is hot, add onions and cook until soft.
- Add chopped cauliflower to pan with the onions. Cook, stirring frequently, until cauliflower softens and achieves desired consistency (approximately 3-5 minutes). Add salt and stir well.
- Remove pan from heat, add lemon, and serve immediately.
Serves 4. Per Serving (based on using coconut oil):
Calories: 129.8 | Total Fat: 10.5 g | Total Carbohydrate: 8.9 g | Dietary Fiber: 4 g | Protein: 3 g