- 1 lb chicken thighs (or veggies for vegetarian option), cut into 1-inch pieces
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic (about 3 cloves)
- 1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup or raw honey (or preferred sweetener)
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- ½ teaspoon pink Himalayan or sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper or ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1-3 teaspoons minced garlic (1-3 cloves)
- 2 drops Organixx Orange Essential Oil (optional)
- 6 cups baby arugula (or mixed greens)
- 2 organic peaches, thinly sliced
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F. Add chicken to a baking dish and toss in balsamic vinegar, garlic, and maple syrup. Let marinate for around 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Brush baking sheet with olive oil. Place marinated chicken on sheet and brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. In a preheated oven, roast for 15 to 20 minutes until chicken is done, stirring halfway.
- While chicken roasts, make the dressing: In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and essential oil. Set aside.
- Wash, dry, and slice peaches.
- Arrange salad: In a large serving bowl, add greens, peaches, chicken, and nuts. Drizzle with dressing and gently toss. Serve immediately.
Serves 4. Per Serving (based on using chicken, pure maple syrup, cayenne pepper & arugula):
Calories: 369 | Total Fat: 25.8 g | Total Carbohydrate: 13 g | Dietary Fiber: 1.6 g | Protein: 23.6 g