- 4 pastured eggs
- 1 medium avocado
- 2 medium pickles
- 1-2 handfuls of kale, stripped from the tough stems
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium apple (keep skin on if organic)
- 2 tablespoons homemade mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- Boil 4 eggs. While eggs are boiling:
- Chop up avocado, pickles, and apple.
- Chop kale and massage with olive oil (massaging with olive oil helps break down the cell walls and makes the kale softer).
- Add all chopped ingredients to a bowl and add mayo and mustard.
- Once the eggs are done boiling, peel off shells and chop up the egg. Add to the bowl and mix it all up.
- At this point, taste and add whatever is needed... sometimes more mustard or even pickle juice to make it tangier.
Serves 4. Per Serving:
Calories: 229.3 | Total Fat: 48.3 g | Total Carbohydrate: 12.4 g | Dietary Fiber: 4.5 g | Protein: 7.1 g