Avocado Egg Salad
- 4 pastured eggs
- 1 medium avocado
- 2 medium pickles
- 1-2 handfuls of kale, stripped from the tough stems
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium apple
- 2 tablespoons homemade mayonnaise
- Boil 4 eggs (I get mine fresh from the chicken yard!)
- While those are boiling:
- Chop up 1 medium avocado
- Chop up 2 medium pickles (I love Bubbie's dill pickles)
- Chop up 1-2 handfuls of kale and massage with olive oil (massaging with olive oil helps break down the cell walls and makes the kale softer)
- Chop 1 medium apple (I like Gala apples - remove the core and keep the skin on)
- Add all of these to a bowl.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of mayo (I like Just Mayo) and about 2 tsp of mustard (I use Annie's organic).
- Once the eggs are done boiling, peel the egg shells and chop up the egg.
- Add to the bowl and mix it all up.
- At this point, taste and add whatever is needed ... sometimes more mustard or even pickle juice (I love it tangier).