- 2 grapefruit, peeled, seeded & sectioned
- 1 avocado, pit & outer peel removed and sliced
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped shallot or red onion
- 1 Tablespoon minced cilantro
- 1-2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 pinches of Himalayan or sea salt
- 1-2 pinches of cayenne pepper (depending on desired heat)
- 1-2 drops of Organixx Grapefruit Essential Oil (optional)
- Make a dressing by whisking together the shallot/red onion, cilantro, olive oil, salt, cayenne, and essential oil in a mixing bowl.
- Section the grapefruit by slicing off both ends and then cutting down the sides of the grapefruit to remove the entire outer peel. Cut out sections of the grapefruit by cutting right beside each of the white membrane lines. Squeeze any extra grapefruit juice into the vinaigrette dressing.
- Peel and cut the avocado into slices.
- Arrange grapefruit and avocado slices on a plate. Top with the dressing. Enjoy!
- Can also be served over mixed greens.
Serves 3. Per Serving (based on using shallot):
Calories: 188 | Total Fat: 13.5 g | Total Carbohydrate: 17.9 g | Dietary Fiber: 5.7 g | Protein: 2.2 g