- 4 large eggs, separated, room temperature
- Zest of 1 organic lemon (about 2 Tablespoons)
- ½ cup Lakanto, divided
- 1 ½ cups finely ground blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon Ceylon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ⅛ teaspoon pink Himalayan or sea salt
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 large apples, peeled, cored & sliced ¼-inch thick
- ¼ cup filtered water
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot powder (thickener)
- 2 scoops Organixx Cleans Sourced Collagens powder (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Lakanto (more for a sweeter version)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼-½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon Ceylon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place a round of parchment paper on the bottom of an 8- or 9-inch cake pan, and grease it and the sides of the pan with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg yolks, lemon zest, and 1/4 cup of Lakanto until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond flour, nutmeg, and baking powder. Add the flour mixture to the egg yolk mixture and mix until well combined.
- With a hand mixer, beat the egg whites for about 1 minute. Then add in salt and vinegar. When egg whites start to thicken, slowly add in the remaining ¼ cup of Lakanto and continue beating until soft peaks form.
- Gently fold the beaten egg whites into the almond flour mixture, half at a time.
- Place batter into prepared cake pan and bake 350 for about 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted in middle.
- Let cake cool completely. 10 minutes before serving, make apple topping.
- Serve cake with warm apple topping and enjoy!
- Whisk arrowroot powder, Collagens powder, Lakanto, vanilla, nutmeg, and cinnamon in water and set aside.
- In a skillet, melt coconut oil over medium heat, then add sliced apples. Cook, stirring constantly until apples have softened a bit (about 6-8 minutes).
- Add in water mixture and cook for about 2 additional minutes, stirring occasionally until apples are desired tenderness and sauce has thickened.
Serves 8. Per Serving:
Calories: 217.2 | Total Fat: 16.4 g | Total Carbohydrate: 27.9 g | Dietary Fiber: 3.1 g | Protein: 7.7 g