Lemongrass Chicken Curry
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce or soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons preferred sweetener
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 fresh lemongrass stalks (tender inner white bulbs only), minced
- 1 bunch of scallions, thinly sliced
- 1-3 chilies, seeded and minced (depending on desired level of spice)
- Cilantro, chopped for garnish
- In a bowl, combine the fish sauce, garlic, curry powder, salt, sweetener, and water. Add the chicken pieces and stir to coat.
- Heat a wok/skillet over medium high heat. Add the oil. Once oil is hot add the lemongrass, scallions, and chilies and stir-fry until fragrant.
- Add the chicken and stir-fry until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce is slightly thickened. Transfer to a bowl and top with the cilantro. Serve with steamed white rice or veggies or Cauliflower Rice.